PDA

View Full Version : Mature children...

Kleia
07-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Hello...

Im not here to make a fight, just to discuss something :)

Ofcourse, I understand the rule of 25 years + and uve heard a lot of times: Why?!

But then I have a question... How about mature young children? (Young children as in the age of 12 - 18).

Thats actually all I wanted to ask, cause there are some children that can be mature...

Greets,

~ Kleia

Kleia
07-06-2006, 06:34 PM
P.S.

Sorry for:

(Young children as in the age of 12 - 18).

I ment: (Young children as in the age of 12 - 18 ).

Ulloh
07-06-2006, 07:33 PM
It's not just about maturity (to be honest we can be as childish as the next bunch :) ) One of the main factors is shared dialogue and interests. To be honest most younger players woudl find our chatter dull and woudl not share any common ground which tends to be the case after a certain age.

I agree , some kids in the game are great ! and some adults can be right idiots - but in terms of a shared frame of reference the over 25 thing works quite well.

Protozen
08-06-2006, 02:18 PM
It is not that we hold anything against the young folk in general, if fact i did hear a rumor that one or two of the guild used to be children. Not Ulloh^^ though, i am not sure he ever was. In fact many members keep children as pets i believe.

However ensuring that everyone is an adult means that no-one can put them self in a difficult position by saying inappropriate things. (like groovy for example)

Also being a bit older gives you a change on identifying some of the karaoke often herd over TS in raids (only a small chance, if you are still in your twenties however)

Pilt
08-06-2006, 03:14 PM
It's not just about maturity
As a member of The Garrison you may find it hard to fit in if you are a bit young. It's the "Tone of Voice" we use (is that the right way to say it) :P
Also, even if we have some really Hardcore players we are a casual guild. Young Hardcore players should seek out to other hardcore guilds to get the full gaming experience.

The 25 year rule is one of maney rules that keep The Garrison together as a Guild. If you are planning to start a guild of your own. You also should make a simple set of rules that will be the baseline of what you accept and what you don't some will accept those rules others will not. It will always be like that!

Thanks.

Best regards

Robski
08-06-2006, 06:39 PM
at 25 people start saying "eee by gum", "eeky thump" and "I remeber in the old days" It can cut out younger players :D lol

Plus hairloss is a real problem

Kleia
12-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Well, I'm happy that the hairloss problem isn't here...yet...

Anyway, thanks for your reply's and good luck on your journy through World of Warcraft. :)